I always find it interesting to see if the trend in our office is what is trending nationally and it seems to be. Here are some of the most recent statistics as reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS):
- Breast augmentation is still the most popular procedure. We have had some new (but not really, I mean new as in, brought back like bell bottom pants and low rider jeans new) developments in that shaped anatomic devices are back on the market. This gives women more options for augmentation. Fat grafting for augmentation is also available and becoming more accepted, I am still hesitant in this practice.
- Rhinoplasty, always a consistent top 5 procedure.
- Blepharoplasty, or eyelid lift, continues to be one of my most favorite procedures. I think and always have if you want bang for your buck, eyes is the best-spent dollars in this industry.
- Liposuction, while still very popular, is quickly being caught up with by other “non-invasive” procedures…I am still waiting to see how things pan out over the next few years with satisfaction rates.
- Facelifts, good old fashion face-lifts, are fantastic procedures—long lasting and very impressive results.
- Fat transfers are becoming more and more common. Both for breasts and for bottoms. Ten years ago, we were rarely speaking about the “BBL” (Brazilian Butt Lift) and now, it’s become very sought after. Thank you Kim Kardashian and J Lo.
- Injectibles are still gaining on surgical intervention for the face. New types are coming out all the time, and as soon as I see how they do over time and cost versus benefit-we’ll get them in. Voluma is coming soon for those wanting a more permanent filler to the cheeks.
We are always analyzing and seeing what is the best; new technology to improve our processes and our patient’s experience. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.