Recently, Dr. Thomas Lintner and his wife, Liz, were featured in Little Black Dress |… Read More
Meet Dr. Thomas Lintner
Serving residents of the North Metro Atlanta area, including Marietta and Woodstock, board-certified plastic surgeon Thomas Lintner, MD prides himself on providing personalized attention to each of his patients. Health, family, and education form the strong foundation for both his Atlanta plastic surgery practice and his whole outlook on life.
Dr. Thomas Lintner does not just want to be your plastic surgeon; he wants to be a trusted consultant. Rather than trying just to make a profit, he would prefer to educate you on the procedure that will give you “the most bang for your buck.” A firm believer in honesty, Dr. Lintner will even advise you if a cosmetic procedure is unnecessary.
Dr. Lintner wants to be accessible to you. He does not believe that you should have to go through an answering service to communicate with him, so he provides his personal cell phone number to all of his patients.
Getting to Know Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS
After graduating with honors from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., Dr. Thomas Lintner received his medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine. He continued his general surgery and plastic surgery residency programs at Emory, which is considered one of the premier programs for plastic and reconstructive surgery in the country.
Dr. Lintner has written numerous articles and has given presentations in specialties of both general and plastic surgery. He has also been published in national journals of medicine and surgery.
Dr. Lintner enjoys educating both the public and his peers and has lectured extensively, most recently on ways that patients can protect themselves from “fad” plastic surgery procedures. Dr. Lintner knows which procedures work well and which do not. His personal philosophy on plastic surgery is to provide the utmost in patient education and treatment while offering procedures that actually work.
While sailing is one of his favorite past times, he considers his greatest accomplishment being Dad to his sons, and he has four. His oldest, a Furman University graduate and technical writer with Jackson-Spalding in Atlanta, recently married and Tom is so proud there is now a daughter-in-law in the mix. His second, a University of Colorado alum, has breezed through his first year at Ole Miss Law. His third son was recently commissioned as an officer in the United States Army after graduating with honors from the Citadel. And his youngest, who is by the way, the tallest, begins high school this fall. Dr. Lintner resides with his wife, Liz and their two dogs in Marietta. He is an active member on staff at Wellstar Kennestone Regional Hospital, where he served as Chief of Plastic Surgery in 2005. He is also member of the Cobb County Medical Society. When he’s away from the office, he can usually be found in his backyard or at sporting events at The Walker School. Or on a sailboat…in the BVI’s.
Dr. Thomas Lintner’s Board Certifications and Society Memberships
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Board Certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified in General Surgery 1989-2000
- Member of the Cobb Medical Society
- Member of the Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Medical Association of Georgia
- Member of the Jurkiewicz Society of Plastic Surgeons
Procedures Offered by Dr. Lintner
Dr. Thomas Lintner is proud of the numerous plastic surgery procedures he offers. Below is a quick glance at some of the surgeries and treatments offered by Dr. Lintner and his staff at the cosmetic surgery practice of Advanced Aesthetic Surgery.
See for yourself how personable, honest, and talented Dr. Thomas Lintner truly is. Contact Advanced Aesthetic Surgery today for a consultation with this reputable plastic surgeon.
What is a Plastic Surgeon?
A plastic surgeon specializes in the art and science of enhancing, as well as reconstructing, structures of the face, breasts, body, and skin. This is accomplished primarily through the removal, transfer, or modification of soft tissue. Whether surgery is utilized to improve the appearance of well-functioning frameworks of the body, correct birth defects, or restore damaged structures, a plastic surgeon has extensive training in meeting each individual patient’s needs through personalized techniques while achieving long-term results that can appear natural. Furthermore, plastic surgeons who focus on aesthetic surgery are well-versed in performing a broad spectrum of facial rejuvenation, anti-aging, body contouring, and breast enhancement procedures, with some of the most popular cosmetic surgeries including breast augmentation, facelift surgery, liposuction, and abdominoplasty, among others.
Why Choose a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon?
When making a decision about your health and appearance, enlisting a plastic surgeon who demonstrates the highest standard of safety, patient care, and results is essential. More often than not, this expertise can be communicated through a plastic surgeon’s board-certification. While this credential is not mandatory to perform plastic surgery, you can be certain that a plastic surgeon board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery has completed additional training requirements beyond the minimum necessary to practice. With reexamination required every ten years, you can also feel confident that a board-certified plastic surgeon has up-to-date experience with the latest surgical techniques and keeps abreast of the latest advancements within the field. Ultimately, board-certification generally indicates a passion and commitment to achieving excellence in every stage of the treatment process, which are qualities that you deserve in your surgical or non-surgical enhancement.
How to Find the Best Plastic Surgeon for Your Aesthetic Needs
Choosing an experienced cosmetic surgeon who is well-qualified to achieve the results you desire may be the most important decision you make throughout the entire treatment process. While the selection process may seem daunting, the following tips can help you find the best plastic surgeon for your unique needs and aesthetic goals:
- Check credentials and training. You can research a surgeon’s educational background, professional memberships, and where they received their training to gain an idea of their expertise. Be sure to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience performing, or who specializes in, your treatment of interest. A surgeon’s website should articulate whether particular emphasis is placed on a given procedure; alternatively, a consultation can provide you with an opportunity to ask him or her about their most frequently performed surgeries.
- Explore patient gallery. Take a look at before-and-after photos to gauge whether the results achieved with previous patients mirror your aesthetic desires. A plastic surgeon’s portfolio, or patient showroom, can be a great indication of their past work as well as the realistic outcomes that can be attained with cosmetic surgery.
- Review reputation. High-quality patient care and exceptional results usually go hand-in-hand. Read through online patient reviews on a multitude of platforms, such as Facebook, Google, and RealSelf, to gain a comprehensive understanding of the treatment experience under the care of a given surgeon. These assessments can also give you insight into a prospective surgeon’s ability to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Schedule a consultation. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, meeting a plastic surgeon in person can ultimately allow you to determine how comfortable you feel in their care. This is an opportunity for you to ask your prospective surgeon any questions you may have about their training, or the treatment process in general. Remember, your plastic surgeon should address your concerns thoroughly and never pressure you into making a decision.
To learn more about Dr. Thomas Lintner and his skill as a cosmetic surgeon, view the results of some of his plastic surgery patients in our before-and-after photo gallery. For more insight, check out our Current Events page.