Dr. Thomas Lintner of Advanced Aesthetic Surgery explains certain aspects of breast augmentation that patients should understand before undergoing surgery.
Atlanta, GA — Breast augmentation is one of the top cosmetic surgeries performed in the U.S. every year. According to Dr. Thomas B. Lintner, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Atlanta, the breast enlargement procedure has an incredibly high satisfaction rate, helping women enhance their natural curves and obtain a boost in their self-confidence. When consulting with breast augmentation patients at his practice, Advanced Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Lintner educates women on the pros and cons of the procedure. He says there are certain aspects of getting breast implants that can be helpful to know before making any decisions.
- Breast Implant Options: Due to the highly customizable nature of breast augmentation, Dr. Lintner says patients will have the option to choose from different breast implant types, profiles, and more—all of which can provide beautiful results for the right candidates.
- Over vs. Under the Muscle: Breast implants can be placed either over the muscle (subglandular) or under the muscle (submuscular). Dr. Lintner typically recommends a submuscular approach due to its lower complication profile as well as its ability to create a more natural-looking outcome.
- Incision Location: The surgical incisions can be placed in different locations based on one’s needs and preferences. Dr. Lintner prefers either under the breast or through the areola. While there are other approaches, he will explain his thought process at the consult.
- Replacing Breast Implants: Over time breast implants are vulnerable to leaking and rupture. Since they are not lifetime devices, patients will need to replace their breast implants at some point in their lives. Dr. Lintner offers no charge follow-ups for the life of his practice, so that if the patient were to have an issue and need replacement, he can take care of them.
- Complications: Every surgery comes with some degree of risk, says Dr. Lintner. To help his patients prepare for their breast augmentation, the Atlanta surgeon explains potential complications that may arise, such as capsular contracture, loss of nipple sensation, and infection.
In addition to understanding what to expect from the breast augmentation procedure, Dr. Lintner urges patients to consult with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. These professionals have undergone additional specialty training and uphold the highest of safety and care standards. By selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in performing breast augmentation, Dr. Lintner says patients can trust they are receiving care from a highly qualified doctor.
About Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS
Dr. Lintner performs a wide range of surgical procedures at his plastic surgery practice in the Marietta and Atlanta area, including breast augmentation, abdominoplasty, mommy makeover surgery, liposuction, and much more. He earned his medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine, where he also completed general surgery and plastic surgery residency programs. In addition to caring for patients at Advanced Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Lintner is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and an active member of several organizations, including the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is available for interview upon request.
To learn more about Dr. Lintner and his practice, please visit tomlintnermd.com, atlantamommymakeover.com, and facebook.com/tomlintnermd.
Advanced Aesthetic Surgery
711 Canton Rd NE
Marietta, GA 30060
120 N. Medical Parkway
Woodstock, GA 30189